2021 Writing Goals

I've just finished putting together my writing goals for next year, and I'm pretty happy with them! It FEELS realistic, though past evidence suggests otherwise. I wrote down all the books I want to write and my ideal release schedule. 

I've decided to put aside submitting to publishers this year. Still a dream of mine, but I'm going to focus on self publishing for now. That way I can write shorter books, since my writing sweet spot is really around 50k. 

My plan is to write 1k a day, with some variance for nano and a few other things, but mostly 1k per day. Based on what I've planned, that should mean I'll be releasing six books? That feels like a lot, so I'll see how that goes.

I'm planning on writing a Christmas novel in July, because Christmas in July sounds fun, and that way I'll have plenty of time to get it ready for a November release. After all the heteronormative Christmas movies I watched this year, I just REALLY want to write an ace Christmas story. 

Other than that, I'm going to try to focus on historical romances instead of wandering all over the place. Some Regency, some Victorian, some Prohibition era.

I have a new plan for this blog as well! I'm going to post a short story every Sunday. Some of these will be extra epilogues, some will be stories about side characters, and some will be serialized versions of novellas I want to write but expect would make zero dollars. 

I love writing short stories and novellas that don't fit well in marketable genres, so I might as well use them for blog content instead of sending them to the 'zon to wither and die, right? (I'm sorry, Valiant Knight, I still love you even if no one else does.)

I have a plan to tag everything to keep it neatly sorted, so that way anyone who wants to just read extra epilogues will be able to find the tag for them and so on. 

The first one will go up this Sunday, and it'll be an extra epilogue for Viscount Debacle. After that, I'm thinking of serializing a slightly longer Frances short. If there's any side characters you'd love to see a short story about, let me know! 

Comments